Translate

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The First Androgynous Fashion Line for Women

I like dressing feminine. I have my tomboy moments yes, but they're always laced with some type of "lady-like." I've been known to wear bow ties and prefer sneakers over high-heels, but you can always tell I'm a woman. Actually, I prefer sneakers over any type of shoe, lol.

Sisters A & Vee are a bit different when it comes to dressing style. They prefer a more 'manly' look, and in doing so, have created the  first menswear inspired androgynous line of clothing for women.

That's a mouthful.

Ladies, would you wear these clothes? Women are nowadays doing the work of men. I guess some are now preferring to dress like them. 
What say you on the matter?

And why did this designing duo decide to do this Girl-Meets-Boy-Meets-Girl-Meets-Boy wear?

Here's their story..

Why we started androgynous?
Instead of making compromises and trying to fit into society, we should embrace who we are and stay true to ourselves. Most people change to fit the mold the world has created because they fear rejection. But there are those brave and courageous souls that remain true to themselves. And they have been looking for a place that sells clothes that suit their personality for too long, to no avail.


As far back as I can remember, there was never a time when I was into women’s clothing. The button-down shirts just have too many “stuff” I couldn’t find purpose for. They’re tight and wraps around my body like I’m out to show my curves and to accentuate my breasts and hips…it’s like “LOOK! I HAVE BREASTS AND HIPS!”

But my biggest frustration of all – those two lines in the front of the shirt and the "cleavage” cut. And pockets that are not actual pockets.


I went on a search for men’s clothes that would fit my body..


My search led me to a few websites that catered to tomboyish women. The only problem was that these sites all consisted of T-shirts, which I could find anywhere. I wanted button-down shirts, jackets and dress pants. I wanted the clothes from the men’s runway show. 
 

On many occasions after I’ve exhausted my efforts at the women’s department, I would “drift” into the men’s and try to make it seem like I was just passing by. If I didn’t spot anything, I would then “drift” into the boy’s department and try my best not to look weird though I was very self-conscious.



Years passed and finally one day, it just clicked. Why don’t Vee and I just start a clothing line for androgynous people? Somewhere out there in the world, there must be people like me who spend days thinking of how they can take their wardrobe and magically turn it into something like high end menswear.



Vee and I spent many months searching for inspirations. We studied men’s fashion from the last 900 years. What I discovered was that fashion, particularly style, changes VERY slowly. My guess is that people conform to society’s views of what’s “normal” without questioning.




The designs we've come up with are not formfitting, don't taper at the waist and hips, and there no darts where the chest is. Simply elegant, classy, clean-cut menswear made to fit women.



We believe that a little weirdness, and a little “craziness” can cause big changes. And we believe that something as trivial as the clothes you choose to wear can change the way society thinks about what’s “normal”…especially what society thinks about what’s right or wrong.









Everybody's got their something. I'm sure there's a market for yours. A & Vee we applaud your revolutionary. Dress like a man all you want, but on behalf of women everywhere, please don't act like one. The biggest joy of being a woman, is BEING a woman. Good luck and congrats!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/androgynous/androgynous-fashion-without-lines?ref=card

http://www.androgynousfashion.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment