Translate

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

The Move Out of my Way! Challenge




I saw this posted on my niece's FB page and decided to give it a try. First, let me start by saying I am a personal space freak. For reasons that have nothing to do with being meek, I usually move out of any and everyone's path simply because..

I don't want them touching me.

That means ANY part of me. Don't let your bag brush against me, your coat, NOTHING. 

If I have to jump on a mountaintop to keep from having someone enter my personal sphere?

Consider it done.

I ladies and gentlemen, am a Boundary Queen. 




Judge me if you like, just stay in your space whilst you do it. :-)

Anyhoo, I decided to make an exception to my moving-out-of-the-way rule to see how men would respond when I didn't veer off my path so that they could walk freely. Basically, I didn't inconvenience myself to spare them the trouble.

One guy moved out of my way completely!




But he was young so it kinda doesn't count. His sexism and expectations for women to be meager, passive and docile haven't fully matured yet.




I plan to do this experiment for the remainder of the week. I might do it for the remainder of my life if all goes well.

Ladies, LET'S DO THIS CHALLENGE!! Men, you can participate by observing yourselves. Be honest about your expectations. When walking inline with a woman, do you expect her to move out of your way? Tell the truth guys. 

Report back and tell us how it went!




-WTS

No comments:

Post a Comment