Translate

Friday, July 27, 2012

They're Doing WHAT W/Bacon? Kinda Cool But Still Going Vegan..

Slowly moving into a vegan lifestyle, I feel a plant-based diet is not only the healthiest, but the best way to go. Before my change in palettery preferences emerged, the meat I used to love above all others was my friend BACON. Eggs-over-easy with who? BACON. Breakfast BLT with soft cooked what? You guessed it.

BA-to-the-CON.

Bacon bits in my salad. REAL bacon not that Bacos stuff they used to serve at Sizzler. As a kid watching our Saturday morning cartoons, the smell of bacon filled our house while AquaMan summonsed the sea-creatures. I remember once I cooked a whole pack of bacon as a snack for a Golden Girls marathon. Who needs popcorn when you can have fried fat?

Happily, those days are long behind me. All but one of the Golden Girls is dead, and in the spirit of maturity, I've chosen to eat healthier.

Recently I came across this article about bacon, and decided to post in the blog because it wasn't all about eating bacon. Apparently there are other things that can be done with it. Who knew my ole' bakey could be so resourceful? I made this post for old times sake. Kindof a tribute to my old friend. Despite it being banished from my diet, I've learned there's more than one way to skin a pig..

But fortunately, I'm done.

And I still won't eat Bacos.

Bye Bacon. Thanks for the good times!



Bacon Martini
Oh, you have an olive in your martini? That’s cute. Now excuse me while I drink the essence of animal meat.





Bacon candle
Because Glade PlugIns are for pussies. $17, auntiesadiesinc.com



Bacon mayonnaise
Putting bacon strips on a sandwich is a good start, but true connoisseurs require the taste of bacon soaking through the bread, dripping down the sides and smothering the tomatoes and lettuce. And by “tomatoes and lettuce” we mean “more bacon.” $6, baconsalt.com






Bacon mints
Your girlfriend doesn’t like the taste of bacon on your breath? We believe you mean your ex-girlfriend. $2.50,
mcphee.com




Bacon salt Perfect for any recipe. No, sorry: every recipe. $4.50, baconsalt.com






Bacon lollipops
If you want your kids to grow up right, throw away that Tootsie Pop crap. $7
, roni-sue.com







Bacon cupcakes
If you can’t find a bakery that makes these, try this easy solution: hold a cupcake in one hand, a few strips of bacon in the other and alternate bites.






Bacon air freshener You will never drive with the window down again. $2, mcphee.com





Bacon floss
Finally, a better reason to floss than “it’s required in order to maintain good oral health.” $5, mcphee.com






Bacon soap We’d wash in actual bacon grease, but we like to exfoliate our pores a little. $6, mcphee.com





Bacon jam Don’t have time for a fry-up in the morning? Not a problem. Spread this stuff on your toast and feel the power of bacon coursing through your veins all day long. $15, skilletstreetfood.com





Bacon Jam? Uh.. Methinks not.

What did they leave out?  What else can be done with bacon?.


Sourcery: http://www.mademan.com/gallery/the-12-best-bacon-things-that-arent-bacon/?ref=sb#gallery-end

No comments:

Post a Comment